Requirements Authority Team Leader - Warhead Centre of Excellence
MBDA UK Limited
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom, SG1 1
Reports to: Head of Complex Warhead Centre of Excellence
An opportunity has arisen in the newly established Centre of Excellence (CofEx) for a Complex Warhead Requirements Team Leader, providing the interface between Project Chief Design Engineer and SAU / Warhead Design Authority (internal and external) and managing the delivery of Lethal Package design development and manufacturing programmes. The role will involve working with the Requirements Authority Teams in UK and France, experts, customers, partners and suppliers across Europe, establishing new ways of working and providing pan-project coordination for this Federated CofEx.
- Lead the Requirements Authority Teams in UK and France, on the main programmes, providing the interface between the project Chief Design Engineer and the Equipment Design Authority (internal or external)
- Establish and manage relationships with customer projects and suppliers, internal and external
- Act as point of contact and interface for relevant future projects with the Equipment Requirements Authority and Systems Concepts engineer
- Develop a consistent way of working across FR/UK for the Warhead / SAU ERA/RMO role. Co-ordinate knowledge, tools, techniques and lessons learnt across projects, including chairing RMO forums
- Define, manage and deliver (to time, cost & quality) delegated work packages
- Act as Proximity Manager for the CW CofEx team at Stevenage, for which responsibilities for the local team include functional reporting, budget management, workload management, resource management including recruitment, coordination of learning and development, performance and development reviews, supporting other appropriate HR calendar activities, managing, Health & Safety, Information Management and IT resources
What's in it for you?
- In this role you will be working closely with project Chief Design Engineers, supplier departments & subcontractors, colleagues and domain experts within the CW CofEx to define requirements and ensure Equipment programmes deliver to time, cost and quality (OTOCOQ)
- You will need and/or have opportunity to develop skills in systems engineering, requirements management, programme planning and management, budget setting and control, risk management, resource management
- The role will involve establishing new ways of working for this Federated CofEx drawing on best practice from Equipment Teams and other CofExs
- You will be involved in all stages of the warhead equipment lifecycle from technology & concept studies, through design development and qualification, to prototype manufacture and production
- The role will involve international working with colleagues in UK and France, customers, suppliers and partners across Europe, including Italy and Germany
What's great about the team?
The CW CofEx is an exciting new department organised within Technical Directorate. Its role is to define requirement and design Complex Warheads, including SAU Requirements, for UK and French programmes.
The CW CofEx has over 40 professional scientists and engineers in France (LPR) and UK (Stevenage & Lostock/ Bolton) undertaking design, simulation & modelling, trials and supplier management.
The team applies high levels of expertise to develop and apply new and innovative technologies and engineering tools.
The role is based at Stevenage. You will be focused on coordinating and leading a team of engineers in UK and France acting a Requirements Authority for missile equipment, working closely with project Chief Design Engineers and supplier departments / subcontractors. Also, acting as Proximity Manager for CW CofEx staff based at Stevenage which includes the RMO and Lethality teams (~12 staff).
What are we looking for?
- You will have experience in a lethality, warheads or related technical role such as systems, sub-system delivery, explosives, mechanical design, trials & test, modelling and simulation
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and it is desirable that you will have, or be working towards professional accreditation
- You will have some experience of programme management of engineering and technical activities
- You will be able to work independently with proven experience of leading small teams including staff from suppliers and other MBDA functions
- You will be proactive and have the ability to challenge constructively and appropriately, identifying problems and providing solutions
- You will be well organised and be able to manage and deliver activities confidently andefficiently
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme,sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)