Facilities Manager (FM)
Arcus Solutions (Holdings)
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom, M21 0
Static Site Facilities Manager
Manchester - Arndale Centre
£25,000 - £30,000
Arcus is a growing Facilities Management company with a passion and focus for Learning & Development. We are proud to be a Joint Venture Partnership with Sainsbury's and to be the sole provider of FM Managing Agent Services to their Retail Estate.
The successful candidate will be tasked with the managing and delivery of all FM services, ensuring a safe and high quality environment within Manchester's Sainsbury's Store Support Centres. Through effective management of the team the site will remain statutory compliance and safe working practices will be adhered to at all times. Responsible for the direct management of the Facilities Co-Ordinators and cleaning operatives as well as the contractor management on site. Proactively and continuously communicate with the key stake holders to engage and enhance the service standard.
* Support the Head of SSC FM in the delivery of a total FM solution that supports business plans and the customer.
* Manage the relationship between the FM colleagues on site and ensure communication remains strong amongst the team and with other areas of the business.
* Achieve your own personal objectives in line with the key performance indicators
* Management and development of direct reporting colleagues.
* Drive a culture of continuous improvement of the facilities functions by identifying and implementing enhancements to current practices and promoting a culture of customer focused service.
* Plan and oversee the team schedules and call out rotas to ensure the resource requirements are fulfilled and customer expectations are met
* Investigate and report in detail any incidents, problems or issues, ensuring constant communication with management guaranteeing appropriate and responsive reaction to address any FM related concerns
* Manage and control Manchester Store Support Centres expenditure within agreed budgets.
* Accountable for managing access control systems and adherence to Sainsbury's security policies.
* Overall responsibility for managing the reception desk and front of house, ensuring all visitors are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.
* Manage the FM Helpdesk function in accordance to SLA's by utilising Sainsbury's CAFM system (FM FACTS)
* Actively build team working and collaboration between the Manchester and Coventry Campus FM teams, primarily focusing on centralising the FM Helpdesk out of the Coventry Campus support hub, to increase efficiencies across both sites
* Liaise with contractors and suppliers, ensuring works are completed within SLA's and monitor their performance ensuring they are legally compliant and deliver a high quality service.
* Undertake regular meetings with the site colleagues, management team and landlord.
* Managing, monitoring and championing H&S responsibilities, leading by example and ensuring full understanding, compliance and accountability of all colleagues on the contract
* Accountable for ensuring that the team training records remain relevant and current, identify any gaps and monitor the development of all individuals looking at opportunities to expand the scope through development of the team.
* Develop and sustain an effective customer engagement model
* Plan utilisation of space and resources when planning relocations and move projects working with the project teams to ensure the changes and improvements are in line with the new ways of working.
* Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
* Build and maintain relationships with estate landlords and neighbouring businesses
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Ideally a member of a professional institution or trade association directly relevant to the range of services to be managed i.e. Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM), Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or an engineering-based institute.
* Relevant Health & Safety qualification.
* Previous experience in a similar managerial role.
* Experience of leading and managing a multi-functional team.
* Proven track record managing operations or facilities maintenance for commercial building environment.
* Comprehensive knowledge of FM services and contractor management.
* Understanding of KPIs and performance management.
* Confident in budget planning and control
* Understanding in the areas of quality management, health and safety, legal compliance, environmental policies and general duty of care.
* An effective communicator with the ability to influence and use diplomacy with colleagues.
* Ability to analyse, evaluate and assess the validity and relevance of management information in order to adapt and improve the performance of the team
* IT literate, and competent in financial analysis.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Active Listener
* Attention to detail
* Committed - Demonstrates a commitment to continuing professional development
* Proactive - Seeks out opportunities for continual self-learning and self-development
* Delivery of SLA's and targets as measured on the Management Information reports
* Conformity of Statutory Compliance targets
* Positive feedback from the Customer Surveys
* Continuous improvement on the SSL Colleague surveys, identifying areas for improvement and implementing and improvement plan
* The post holder must be able to work flexibly, as determined by business requirements this may involve travelling to other Arcus offices or client's premises
* This position may on occasions involve weekend work to accommodate projects.
* You will be required to partake in an on call rota